Squirrels Are the single most common wild animal in all of North America. Anyone who resides in North America understands what this critter culprit looks like: big bushy tail, grey or black coat, puffy cheeks and a loud chatter. Sound familiar? While they could be cute to look at, anybody with a squirrel problem knows just how annoying and damaging they can be. How can squirrels test your patience and the health of your yard?
Do Not be fooled by the squirrels cute appearance and small stature; those critters can be a homeowner/gardener/landscapers worst nightmare. Squirrels can disrupt your peaceful existence in a lot of ways. Outside, squirrels can reak havoc on your garden and yard. Not only do they eat all the fruits and vegetables that you worked hard to grow, but they also dig in your flower beds and on your lawn. Squirrels may also chew on and tear up your outside lawn furniture.
If the Destruction outside the residence is not bad enough, squirrels can do even more damage in your home. The usual location that squirrels enter the residence is through the attic and then work their way into the walls. They could rip up your insulation and chew on electrical wiring, which creates the perfect concoction for a fire. Now that we’ve discussed what we’re and the problems they cause, how can you eliminate them?
– Trapping squirrels works, if You’ve Got the Patience and equipment to do it through. There are numerous options for squirrel traps such as single traps and multiple traps. Single traps that just capture one squirrel at a time are not exactly the best choice, if you don’t only have one squirrel. Multiple traps are much better as they could catch multiple squirrels in 1 trap.
– Exclusion doors are an excellent option. You set the door in the hole and it permits the squirrels to exit but they can not reenter. This is a safe and effective way to keep them out of your home.
– There are several repellents, both physical And chemical, on the market but none of them work. Physical deterrents include owl statues which will do the job initially, but the squirrels will quickly learn that they’re not going to hurt them. Forget about the spray on chemical deterrents. Not only are they inefficient, but they’re costly.
– A word about what NOT to do: Never try to poison the squirrel. If you poison the squirrel, it could retreat to a difficult to reach place to die which will make it tougher on you. It is also possible to harm other animals that get hold of the poison or eats the squirrel that’s been poisoned and may become poisoned indirectly. Never poison a squirrel or any other animal.
– The best way to Eliminate squirrels is to Employ Pest Control Melbourne FL or to call the humane society to determine whether they can help. As you might not wish to spend the cash up front for a service, it actually is cheaper in the long run as you continually throw cash at the problem.
Squirrels Are frustrating and damaging little critters, but with the appropriate Knowledge and tools, you can get rid of your squirrel problem for good. Remember, never attempt to poison the creature and if you are in doubt, always Call an expert to handle the problem.